A powerflush is a way of cleaning out your central heating system, which is important for the health of your boiler, pipes and radiators. Over time, debris can build up which could cause potential blockages – dirt, sludge and rust need to be removed to keep your central heating working as it should be. Powerflushing is the best way to achieve this.
We have specialist machinery and chemicals to complete powerflushes. The process involves circulating a chemical at high pressure, so it passes through your boiler, radiators and pipes to remove deposits. When performed by a professional, a central heating powerflush can make your system more effective and can add years onto its lifespan.
See what our customers say
We are committed to high standards of customer care, and pride ourselves on being your friendly and approachable team of expert plumbers in Hemel Hempstead.
Some signs you may need a powerflush
These are some common signs that you could benefit from a powerflush:
- Problems with radiators such as leaks or cold spots
- Radiators that remain cold even if pipes are hot
- Frequent air blocks in your central heating system
- Discoloured water coming out when bleeding radiators
- Uneven heating between the various radiators in your property
- Unusual noises coming from your boiler and/or radiators
There may be other signs you notice too. Talk to us and we can advise you on whether a powerflush is the right approach to take.
How much does a powerflush cost?
The cost of your powerflush will depend on the time it takes to perform. Eight hours is around average, though it can take longer if you have a large property or your heating system is complex. We’ll be happy to give you a quote.
The benefits of powerflushing your heating system
Powerflushing your central heating system can help to keep it in optimum working condition and prevent future heating problems. Here are some of the key reasons to consider a powerflush:
- A more efficient heating system, saving you money on energy bills
- Improved reliability over time, with less chance of boiler breakdowns
- A longer lifespan for your central heating system
- More even heating throughout the whole property
- Less noise coming from your boiler and radiators
Why choose us for quality
Gas Safe registered
We are Gas Safe engineers, with many years of experience working with gas boilers and central heating systems.
We have both public liability and employer‘s liability insurance in place to protect our customers.
A helpful service
Our expert engineers advise you in full – if a powerflush isn’t right, we’ll let you know and offer an alternative.
Honesty and reliability
We offer honest, expert advice. Our team uses an appointment booking system that ensures we stay on schedule and arrive on time.